Did you know that there are over 50,000 homeless veterans in the United States?
According to the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans,
- The homeless veterans are predominantly male with around 9% being female.
- Many suffer from mental illness, substance abuse or have a dual diagnosis.
- Around 11% of the adult homeless population are veterans.
- Roughly 45% of all homeless veterans are African American or Hispanic, despite only accounting for 10.4% and 3.4% of the U.S. veteran population.
- Nearly half of homeless veterans served during the Vietnam era
- About 1.4 million other veterans, meanwhile, are considered at risk of homelessness due to poverty, lack of support networks, and dismal living conditions in overcrowded or substandard housing.
Ten percent of the proceeds from this product are donated to Building Homes for Heroes. They are strongly committed to rebuilding lives and supporting the brave men and women who were injured while serving the country during the time of the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan. The organization builds or modifies homes, and gifts them, mortgage-free, to veterans and their families.
About our signature pocket-t:
- Premium T-shirt
- Crew neck
- Graphic print on pocket
- 100% combed and ring-spun cotton
- Machine washable
- Manufactured in the United States
- No sweatshops
This item cannot be exchanged or returned.