Did you know that 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer over the course of their lifetime?
According to BreastCancer.org
- In 2017, an estimated 252,710 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S.
- The leading risk factor for breast cancer is being a woman. Though breast cancer does occur in men, the disease is 100 times more common in women.
- About 40,610 women in the U.S. are expected to die in 2017 from breast cancer, though death rates have been decreasing since 1989. Women under 50 have experienced larger decreases. These decreases are thought to be the result of treatment advances, earlier detection through screening, and increased awareness.
- A woman’s risk of breast cancer nearly doubles if she has a first-degree relative (mother, sister, daughter) who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Less than 15% of women who get breast cancer have a family member diagnosed with it.
- About 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have no family history of breast cancer. These occur due to genetic mutations that happen as a result of the aging process and life in general, rather than inherited mutations.
- You can lower your risk of developing breast cancer by limiting alcohol intake, not smoking, controlling your weight and being physically active.
Ten percent of the proceeds from this product are donated to METAvivor. METAvivor is run entirely by volunteers, most of who are living with metastatic breast cancer. They work to obtain grants and corporate sponsors to support operational expenses. This allows them to ensure that donations can be entirely dedicated to research grants that fund the cutting edge research that will ultimately save lives. Unless otherwise specified by the donor, 100% of every donation and 100% of proceeds from every fundraiser (after event expenses) goes into research grants.
About our signature pocket-t:
- Premium T-shirt
- Crew neck
- Graphic print on pocket
- 100% combed and ring-spun cotton
- Machine washable
- Manufactured in the United States
- No sweatshops
This item cannot be exchanged or returned.