Did you know that since 2014, more than 1,000,000 people have crossed the Mediterranean Sea in an attempt to seek refuge in Europe? More than 33,000 of those refugees have died.
According to Deutsche Welle,
- The European Migrant crisis started in 2014 after war in Syria and certain terror groups expanded.
- More Syrians decided to make the journey to Europe after many refugee camps fell short of basic living conditions and quickly became overcrowded.
- Many refugees attempted the perilous trek across the Mediterranean on overcrowded and unsafe boats.
- With anti-immigration sentiment in Europe growing, governments are still struggling to reach a consensus on how to handle the continuing refugee crisis. Attempts to introduce quotas for the distribution of refugees among EU member states have largely failed. Conflicts in the Middle East and elsewhere show no signs coming to an end, and the death toll from refugee sea crossings is on the rise.
Ten percent of the proceeds from this product are donated to The American Refugee Committee (The ARC). The ARC has worked with refugees across the globe, in areas like water and sanitation infrastructure, shelter, primary and reproductive health, livelihood support, education, social enterprise and more. Their work takes place in Rwanda, the Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda, Somalia, Pakistan, Thailand, Myanmar, Jordan, and Syria, with emergency interventions deployed when appropriate.
The Life Jacket
About our signature pocket-t:
- Premium T-shirt
- Crew neck
- Graphic print on pocket
- 100% combed and ring-spun cotton
- Machine washable
- Manufactured in the United States
- No sweatshops
This item cannot be exchanged or returned.