Did you know that 97% climate scientists agree that warming trends over the past 100 years are due to human activity?
According to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA),
- The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide.
- Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with 16 of the 17 warmest years on record occurring since 2001
- Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year
- The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat
- Greenland lost 36 to 60 cubic miles of ice per year between 2002 and 2006, while Antarctica lost about 36 cubic miles of ice between 2002 and 2005.
- Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere around the world — including in the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska and Africa.
- The amount of spring snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere has decreased over the past five decades and that the snow is melting earlier
- Global sea level rose about 8 inches in the last century. The rate in the last two decades, however, is nearly double that of the last century.
- Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the acidity of surface ocean waters has increased by about 30 percent.
Ten percent of the proceeds from this product are donated to the Geos Institute. The Geos Institute is a team of scientists, facilitators, and process innovators who believe that the global climate crisis will push humanity to make a collective decision – move toward greater cohesion and peace or widespread violence and conflict. They focus on community decision-making, forest management, and river system restoration. The Geos Institute is working to create a future where we have successfully and collaboratively addressed the systemic causes of climate change to bring about a healthy and prosperous world for people and wildlife. The science is clear. The climate is changing rapidly and in dangerous ways and human activity is the primary cause.
About our signature pocket-t:
- Premium T-shirt
- Crew neck
- Graphic print on pocket
- 100% combed and ring-spun cotton
- Machine washable
- Manufactured in the United States
- No sweatshops
This item cannot be exchanged or returned.